cc` !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> My Dragon's Lair Sharing is the reason for my being...: Worst Computer Virus Ever!!! Do not open ecards if...

My Dragon's Lair Sharing is the reason for my being...

Altered and added new content 10-4-07 Important 5-4-07 No longer Child safe because of the links inside sites included here. Adult Humor is posted here. Template errors still. E shows wrong, and Netscape shows mostly correct. Activly learning HTML to correct and improve. Be it fun or serious I hope you enjoy and take away with you what I find to share. LI

Monday, August 13, 2007

Worst Computer Virus Ever!!! Do not open ecards if...

NEVER OPEN the emails You've recieved a card from a relative, friend, schoolmate.. etc. Delete them asap!
Last month I did not open this type email, as I am getting a lot that my friends and family just would not send without putting their names or using these unknown ecard companies. 123Greegtings, Care2,
American Greetings etc would be more from (Brother's name)...
Wondering if it was a new company to use, I went to the ___ .com to see what it was. My Norton flashed exit NOW, High Risk, am I sure I want to continue, against advise... So Obviously I jumped out! And cleaned my computer. With a prayer that I had not hurt my computer.
I am getting a lot of these and just 'cause I am suspicious I have not opened them and delete them asap... Hope you do the same as this is a very vicious attack on our systems.

The first link to Snopes has ORIGINS for the DETAILS of what Storm Trojans being aggressive piece of malware that has been hijacking computers to serve as attacker bots since early 2007.
The second link has more details, which goes into links for more information.

"Even if you know the person's name... This is a point to remember as I have gotten ___ sent you a new
email address. I opened it and it was in no way written by my highly educated friend! So I got out and call people now if I get messages like that. The damage is done if you open these, and I know of a spamer who says he gets paid a lot of money to be a neuisance, for companies who could be selling you a scam of something you won't get. If you open they see you are a live eddress and will continue using it. Same if you click to opt out of recieving any more, just sends him a message to continue!
Please pass this to all of your friends. I thank my fiend for forwarding this to me!LI

Subject: FW: Virus alert
Importance: High
P L E A S E R E A D
This has been checked with Snopes and they confirm this as real

WORST VIRUS EVER --- CNN ANNOUNCED

You should not open these emails.
Here is a link to the snopes page so you can check it yourself if you
want: http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

Source: Keizer, Gregg "hydra-Headed "Storm Attack Starts, PC World
June 29 2007. Updated Snopes Aug 10 07

Read more details. Also links more for further information.
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/storm.asp

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST!!

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by
Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered
yesterday afternoon by McAfee . This virus simply destroys Sector
Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning
are stored.


This virus acts in the following manner:
It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the
title:

"You've received a Post Card from a Family member".

As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes
so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+ del keys or the
reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus
permanently destroying the hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours
this virus caused panic in New York , according to news broadcast by
CNN.


This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itse lf.
So don't open any mails with subject: "A Post Card from ....." As
soon as you get the mail, delete it !! Even if you know the
sender !!!

Forward this to everyone in your address book. I'm sure most people,
like myself, would rather receive this notice 25 times than not at
All

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home