cc` !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> My Dragon's Lair Sharing is the reason for my being...: What you need to know about dog treats

My Dragon's Lair Sharing is the reason for my being...

Altered and added new content 10-4-07 Important 5-4-07 No longer Child safe because of the links inside sites included here. Adult Humor is posted here. Template errors still. E shows wrong, and Netscape shows mostly correct. Activly learning HTML to correct and improve. Be it fun or serious I hope you enjoy and take away with you what I find to share. LI

Saturday, September 15, 2007

What you need to know about dog treats

Federal regulators are investigating whether chicken jerky-style pet treats made in China are causing kidney problems in dogs.
No recalls have been issued.
Affected dogs may develop acquired Fanconi Syndrome, a renal condition characterized by sugar in the urine when blood sugar level is normal.
Symptoms include: Lethargy, loss of appetite, vomiting, excessive thirst and urination, abdominal pain.
Pet owners noticing these symptoms should take their animals to their veterinarians immediately.
Suspicious cases should be reported to the Food and Drug Administration.
Go to www.fda.gov or call 888-463-6332.
For more information: Go to the American Veterinary Medical Association at
www.avma.org or call 847-925-8070.
—Diane C. Lade
Related News from the Web
Food and Drug Administration

Powered by Topix.net
Wal-Mart quietly pulls dog treats - Consumer News - MSNBC.com
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. quietly stopped selling two brands of dog treats in July, after customers voiced concerns that the Chinese products may have caused ...
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20367400/

FDA testing dog treats pulled from Wal-Mart - Pet Health - MSNBC.com
Wal-Mart pulls tainted dog treats Aug. 22: Wal-Mart says two brands of dog treats tested positive for small amounts of melamine.

Wal-Mart said 17 tests showed trace levels of melamine, the same pesticide byproduct that led to a widespread pet food recall in March after an unknown number of dogs and cats died. More than 150 brands of pet food were recalled after U.S. inspectors said wheat gluten from China that was used to make the food was tainted with melamine.

She also said the FDA had reviewed Wal-Mart’s lab report that mentions 20 parts per million of melamine. “This level of melamine would not be expected to result in any animal illness,” Rawlings said. www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20390237

When this first came out. I sent the articles to every one I knew. Meant to add here. Hey if something makes you sick or kills, don't risk it! It is not worth it as I have animals at home from the first poisoned food and am waiting for them to die at home. As my vet says try to find a food that they don't react to; perhaps they will respond to food that does not impair their kidney function. But I have decided not to put 150 cc into them by their shoulders every other day. I am just going to offer them the most comfort and love possible. And wait and see. It is heart breaking not to be able to change what has happened and wondering how many more will die. As they are the light and joy in my world. I first found out when the symptoms were noticed I did not know what it was about. Then I took one of my little female kittens to get spayed. She had sudden renal failure and died within hours, never waking from anisthesia. This was because of the compromised kidneys. The shock was heart breaking.
But I had a maternal feeling that I had to be with her. I tried to get back to her before she let go of her little life. And by the time I was allowed to go to the back, her eyes were wide. The girl pulled across the cage her by the ear and poked her! I am shocked that someone would do this in front of me, and how dumb can you be if you work with Death every day that you need to violate her? I craddled her in my arms and sang a song of Spirit. Told her to hurry to the Happy Hunting Grounds to be with my 13 year old that had died last year in May with impacted bladder. Cheap food especially affects males with this. As that was the second male to have that happen. The first I did the surgery as he was only 4. My vet was worried about the cause of her dying. So I told her to rush as I didn't want her to be shocked by being put into a plastic bag and into the freezer before she was ready. I shortly said they could have her, as she had listened to me. The same girl asked how I knew? Besides 'feeling' she was not with me, her body fluids were all on my shirt. So I knew she had gone with knowing that I loved her and she was not totally alone at the time when we parted. I think that there are reasons for every thing. Perhaps this was meant to be her way of leaving? I don't know. But I am not in a hurry to see if it would happen to the other females I have. I keep a photo of her cuddled in my lap where I see and think of her every day, as the others who have parted this Earth.
Then I found that I had been feeding them 2 of the brands that were affected. And I am reluctant to castrate the rest of them for fear of the same fate would be bestowed. And out of a noisy house and frustrated girls in the house why would I do it? Because if they get out they'll make more. There is such a thing as abortion and adoption. There is choice. Life or Death. Literally. I choose Life! LI

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home