cc` !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> My Dragon's Lair Sharing is the reason for my being...: Reflections for a Spiritual event.

My Dragon's Lair Sharing is the reason for my being...

Altered and added new content 10-4-07 Important 5-4-07 No longer Child safe because of the links inside sites included here. Adult Humor is posted here. Template errors still. E shows wrong, and Netscape shows mostly correct. Activly learning HTML to correct and improve. Be it fun or serious I hope you enjoy and take away with you what I find to share. LI

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Reflections for a Spiritual event.

myspace codes

Be at peace with love from your kin and many friends

Back from "Home". After 55 years together Father has joined his spouse of 50 years. My family thought they could give him something more to look forward to enjoy on this Earth. But his heart was broken being separated from who he most loved.

I think my Spiritual Kin would have been proud of my speaking at the Wake and Funeral. Thank you for all your teachings that helped me in this time when friends and family needed comfort and reassurance. I think I learned also what not to say and when to let them be still with the words of hope and faith in that it is all good be it here or there. And we do not loose our loved ones; we can feel their comfort in our sorrow in letting them go. They are together with other loved ones and are now embarking on a new journey.
Being the 'horse's mouth' helped also with being able to say our Faith is what comforts us in our facing the next door called Death for what we all await. We will receive that what we most believe is true to be granted in our next journey.
Since before the written word we have kept our knowledge and loved ones alive by speaking of them and sharing our stories/memories.
I had also to be sensitive that they were believers that Jesus is the only way and light to God. I think it was obvious that I was not of that mindset. At the wake they said How do they top what I said in the praise of how our parents raised us and what they enjoyed we too did.
For the funeral, I was delighted that my brother had a Irish/Scottish bagpipe who played patriotic and sentimental Irish songs. There was also an Honor Guard from the Navy.
I opened with the Serenity Prayer.

This version is attributed to Friedrich Oetinger (1702-1782).
Found on history of ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer
The short version that most people are familiar with goes as follows:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

We grew up with this pray one of many but we took it into our own lives after leaving our Parents house. Spending time in their home I found it every where. Tucked into little unexpected places. So I thought it was perfect to share at this time.
My sister told me this while she was taking me to the airport; but even before I knew this I wanted to write to the Priest who did the service. She said to me that because I reacted with asthma to my favorite part of a Catholic Mass with the incense, he changed how he did the Mass for consideration of letting me participate. As almost instantly I ran out with a rescue Albuterol inhaler from my sister, as of course mine was in the car. He actually apologized during the Mass when I returned. And thus we got to hear his most beautiful voice. I liked he touched caringly where my father rested. I was impressed.

I complimented the Priest on such a nice service and he leaned over and said he would pray that one day I would be blessed with the true light and right way. I smiled and said thank you I am happy being eclectic and we all worship the same God. :-) (keeping it simple)
It was very emotional and very good though I don't usually 'Do' funerals as they are not for the departed but for the living. I found it was a good thing.

I was reunited with family that I rarely see and will try to keep in touch with them as who knows when I will be there again, and I have waited a long time to be able to get their contact information! As there are those in families we remain fond of.
And we are at Peace. Below a long version of the prayer. Me/LI
Alternate versions of the Serenity Prayer exist. The following version is said to be the author's favorite version in a letter supposedly written by his wife:
God give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed,
courage to change the things which should/must be changed,
and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
The full version of the prayer is as follows:
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and
the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right, if I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer

Since my father worked and retired from doing the computers for AA they too had their own version, found in Wickipedia. (free dictionary written by us.)


myspace codes
Always a true and faithful spouse, companion, father, and friend.


myspace codes
Peace and Comfort to those you leave to meet another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home